Do the ideas of equality and freedom of the people BELONG to Marx and to socialists, and hence white people???
This is imperialism in its ultimate form: Use eurocentric ideology to make sense of the diverse and complex reality of people of color.
Marxism is an ideology of CLASS that IGNORES the tremendous impact of WHITE SUPREMACY on the reality of PoC around the world. So it is imperialist and erroneous to say the least!! Sankara’s main obstacles were debt slavery, western pressures against stable government in Africa and democracy and neo-colonialism, yet his work is filed under Marxism as if it has ANYTHING in common with European workers revolution of the 19 and 20th centuries!!
White supremacy is the leading force in the oppression of most PoC around the world before class and labeling EVERY revolution of PoC as merely socialist and Marxist erases this fact!!
Because he utilized Marxist and Socialist methods. Simple. He made his nation VERY self-reliant which is understandable because the French were exploiting the shit out of it. And he served his own nation’s interests first, second and third. If he is neither Marxist nor Socialist, then what is he? Maybe a Populist? I know he was Pan-African.
You can’t really dismiss “Marxism” or “Socialism” as “upholding whiteness” without any proper evidence. It’s not to say that either of them are the only solutions, because it is true that we shouldn’t judge people by what they say but by what they do, but let’s be realistic: White Supremacy is absolutely incompatible with Marxism, Socialism or Communism and that isn’t up for debate. If you think there’s a link between them, you need evidence, not just “I know” or “I am X.” Because anyone can just say that, even a white person.
- addistwaalem likes this
- voluptee likes this
- nyucivicteam likes this
- windupbirdchronicle likes this
- dreams-from-my-father reblogged this from jrantisexleague and added:
- petrifiedpterodactyl reblogged this from dreams-from-my-father and added:
- reinsurreccion likes this
- ghost-of-algren reblogged this from dqwes and added:
- ghost-of-algren likes this
- theknitter likes this
- jrantisexleague reblogged this from dreams-from-my-father and added:
- dqwes reblogged this from philosophy-of-praxis and added:
- inkdefense likes this
- frijoliz likes this
- philosophy-of-praxis reblogged this from dqwes and added:
- freshmouthgoddess likes this
- crashleyratchedourian reblogged this from dreams-from-my-father and added:
- crochetadventures likes this
- olaadams reblogged this from dreams-from-my-father
- kymanijoe21 reblogged this from dreams-from-my-father
- orobolicious likes this
- lovewashername likes this
- praisethelorde reblogged this from dreams-from-my-father
- thepeoplesrecord likes this
- praisethelorde likes this
- iknowaboutme likes this
- flordemilraices reblogged this from angrybrownbaby
- angrybrownbaby reblogged this from dreams-from-my-father and added:
- so-treu likes this
- dreams-from-my-father posted this